Sun Salutation : A complete Yoga routine for someone who is too-busy-to-breathe
Centuries ago, in India, people apparently had busy lives. Or, maybe the yogis were just tired of doing hour long routines. Or maybe the princesses wanted some quick routines they could fit in between swims in infinity pools and getting showered in milk and honey. Enter the Surya Namaskar – The Sun Salutation (officially known as Surya Namaskar) is an all-rounder that takes very little time to do. The benefits are many and varied. Here are a few to get your heart racing and hopefully you itching to try this out :
- Increased metabolism – take that double sundae that you just inhaled !
- Improved blood circulation
- Massage of internal organs like the liver, gall bladder etc . why is this important? When the organs are happy, they produce enzymes and other good stuff that improve your body functions.
- Cardio workout – if you think yoga is all about stretching and contemplating the goddess within you, wait will you do 10 sun salutations back to back. Its an intense all body cardio workout that few other workouts can match. try it… 1…. 2…
- Improved lung capacity
- Healthier glowing skin – have you noticed how yoga instructors have a glow around them? We are outing their secret. Starts with an S, ends with a kar… ok.. ok Surya Namaskar BABY!
As everything else in yoga, be careful when you do this. Do it preferably on an empty stomach. Drink plenty of water afterwards. Rest after the routine for 2 minutes, at-least.
Note that the video is an intermediate level session. We have beginner and expert level videos at http://www.yogatailor.com
Follow us on Follow to stay up to date with all our blog posts!